We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose: Lead the development and execution of in-store communications, activations and local partnerships across music, art, fashion and sport culture that authentically connects adidas Originals to Chicago street culture. Bring brand campaigns to life to align with our key product stories based on the global calendar.Apply here
- Activation management across key marketing touchpoints
- Connectivity with local influencers, store team and brand partners
- Influence, connect and engage with the local community in an authentic way
- Lead the development and execution of Retail-focused POS solutions that support adidas’ Global direction and meets US Concept needs while strengthening adidas’ Brand presentation at Retail.
- Direct external resources (agencies/freelancers) to ensure solutions are aligned to brand direction
- Drive project coordination for local consumer activations in alignment with Brand events and DTC activation in developing local plans.
- Play a central role in communicating and developing the activation calendar for the Originals Flagship store with cross-functional partners: local retail experience and brand marketing teams, merchandising, global brand Flagship team, EIM, PR, store staff and store team.
- Build strategic activation & ISC briefs in partnership and collaboration with key agency and BU partners through production and installation. Manage process end-to-end.
- Responsible for budget management, including: processing invoices and tracking monthly budgets in partnership with our finance partners.
- Ensure the flagship staff are educated and informed about product launches, ISC campaign elements & monthly activation plans.
- Cultivate community and build a strong network to ensure the flagship store is THE destination for artists, creatives and sneaker heads.
- Monthly reporting to include metrics on traffic & conversion
- Own” the retail components of assigned concepts – providing informed recommendations and proactively leading internal and external teams through all stages of development. This includes partnering with Global Retail to provide input on market needs and applicability of globally-developed tools to US retail environments.
- Constantly focus on refining, developing and innovating the adidas experience on the retail floor.
- Finger on the pulse of what pushes the city’s culture forward
- Ability to manage and drive multiple event logistics set and maintains timelines.
- Solid knowledge around briefing process and managing agency relationships and deliverables.
- Solid understanding of production inclusive of materials, timelines, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of event planning (set-up, catering, production / basic AV, etc.).
- Track record of innovation and delivery of results against tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills are critical with key stakeholders globally and locally.
- 2-3 years of retail experience and/or project management experience.
- Ability to be Independent, ambitious and a self-starter.
- Ability to maintain a professional attitude in fast paced, changing environments.
- Advanced knowledge of industry-standard software, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Four-year college or university degree, emphasis in marketing or communications preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for degree.
- 2-3 years of Event Marketing, Retail Marketing or community-related experience required.
- Sport and culture enthusiast preferred and interest around social purpose.